6/19/2007

Advice

Hello,
It is my duty to inform you that attending a laughter therapy workshop is a terrible idea. It is hard for me to talk about exactly what happened but 'getting in touch with your inner laugh' is no laughing matter. Apparently people have been known to break down in tears at these affairs and they have my sympathy, I wasn't far off anguished hysteria myself. Stick to Yoga it's much safer and no-one makes you pretend to be a tree.

Another useful lesson for us all is never, ever flush underwear down the toilet. I am referring to the collapse of a sewer, near Darlington caused by a bra and pants. Northumbrian Water have made it clear that sewerage pipes were not designed for underwear disposal so there should be no confusion on the matter. Much as it pains me to admit it I have reason to believe that the culprit may hail from the west of Scotland. I am reliably informed by a fellow skilled in building and sewerage pipes that having worked all over Europe he has discovered that the west of Scotland is the only place where people think nappies and larger items can be flushed down the loo.

Finally don't go on holiday without these essential phrases.

Cheerio

1 comment:

iLL Man said...

Saw the bra and pants story on the BBC website today. The air of impotent exasperation from the woman they interviewed was quite amusing.....

Have to admit, I didn't hold out much hope that the laughter therapy would be much cop, but sometimes one can never tell.