1/27/2009

Bloggers Block




Hello,

I would apologise for the absence but it's really outwith my control. Try as I might I cannot think of a single thing to blog about. Not a sausage. Even Terry Kelly has ceased to amuse me -he never changes does he? SNP -bad, Isreal-bad, Robert Burns -bad, anything vaguely Scottish -bad, Tories- bad. Why doesn't he just cock off to Cuba and stop whining? Honestly I can't even be bothered winding him up anymore. He's bored me into submission.


Current affairs are off the menu. Any opinion on Israel or Palestine attracts a shower of personal abuse. On the mercifully rare occasions I have been lured into conversation on the subject people go off the deep end. Even Mr Clairwil looked like he wanted to strangle me recently. Mind you he looks like that a lot these days. I hate the waiting to be chucked bit. My optimistic nature prevents a preemptive strike -well things might improve. Besides he owes me £100. I'm not budging till I get that back.


The credit crunch is not much fun to blog about either. I have taken the precaution of beginning shifting my debt, meagre savings and current account over to my local credit union. I have no idea whether this is a good move or not but loans at 0.5% and share of the profits on my savings is better than anything my bank has ever offered. Still the hounding of Fred Goodwin and this creative response to debt have made me chuckle.


Work is a pleasant business these days having escaped my hideous former employer. A laid back boss, good company, a varied and interesting client base and the freedom to do my job properly. Similarly my leisure time is rattling along nicely -hurrah for gardening and hurrah for council neglect of urban green space.


What else? Well a new restaurant has opened round the corner and it's great, The Pakistani Cafe has reopened and the Victoria Bar is doing a bottle of wine and two courses for £5.10....for two! I'm going to sample it on Friday with my new friends from work so shall report back at the weekend.


Still none of this really merits a post. How does one get rid of bloggers block? Is it permanent? Am I doomed to infrequent posts on discount lunches, bad new and boredom? Fingers crossed my trip to Istanbul next month will provide a few blogworthy tit bits.


Cheerio





6 comments:

iLL Man said...

Well, I'm down to about a post a week. I'm only really relaxed enough to blog at the weekend.

Good to hear the job front has worked out. I'm well jealous. My job options are looking limited, but I've acted on a fair bit of the 'masterplan', just not all at once............

asquith said...

Read other people's blogs which interest you & write prolonged comments on them. If you're lucky one may evolve into a post...

iLL Man said...

Ach, you'll find something to write about, you always do.......

It's sometimes just to blog about fuck all, and see what comes out of it.

Anonymous said...

I hate the waiting to be chucked bit.

Oh no, surely not? I'm glad you're happy at work, though. I never really got my blogging mojo back, or at least not yet, but only time will tell.

Jim said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Hello there... care to add your blog at KeywordDir.info?