2/14/2008

New Depths

Hello,
There are those who spend their day's marvelling at the heights of human intellectual achievement and those who prefer a good old belly laugh at the idiots. Can you guess which group I fall into?

Anyway it has been brought to my attention that in America 'at least 82 youths have died from playing the "choking game" since 1995'. The game involves either choking yourself or another 'player'. The object is not to die but to obtain 'cool and dreamy feeling'. I am not making any of this up.

Warning signs that your child is involved in the game apparently include 'discussion of the game, including other terms for it; bloodshot eyes; marks on the neck; severe headaches; disorientation after spending time alone; ropes, scarves and belts tied to bedroom furniture or doorknobs or found knotted on the floor; unexplained presence of things like dog leashes, choke collars and bungee cords'. For some reason there is no mention of an absence of common sense, total stupidity or moving ones lips when reading, all of which I though no expert, feel are vital clues.

I'm not sure if this an American thing or if just wasn't on the go in my day. Oh if only it had been, think of the idiots I'd have been spared. Not even bloody lighter fuel saw any of that lot off and believe me I did everything in power to facilitate such a happy event amongst my school chums. It's depressing but to this day my regular scan of the death notices in the local papers has failed to turn up a single school related corpse. Perhaps I should post details of the 'choking game' on Friends Reunited.

Cheerio

No comments: