3/19/2009

Clairwils Den!


Hello,


Tonight I have been lending money to the 3rd World- interest free I hasten to add before Bono starts shouting at me.

Having cast my beady eye over a host of hopefuls I have invested in a woman who sells rum in Peru and another in the fashion business from Togo (both pictured above) and said I'm out to everyone else. I'm not a total monster I do hope it helps the folk concerned out but there is something rather enjoyable about playing dragons and interrogating the loan applicants in one's head.

It's cracking good fun and a bit like bingo in that there's no guarantee you'll see a penny of your cash again. Still it is nice to see a bit of sanity in the world of business. Perhaps Kiva should expand their programme and let little businesses the world over bypass the bloody banks.


Toodles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Behave yourself, I pay more tax than bono and I have n't worked for 18 months!

Sure you will do better than the boys and gals work work in the banks.Another thing, can I borrow a fiver?

Anonymous said...

Clairwil! This is Bono. Don't lend money to the third world. I'll set Bob Geldof on you!

Bejayus and Begorrah!

Clairwil said...

David,
A fiver can be arranged.

Bono,
I had no idea you were a reader. I feel quite giddy. I'll stop lending to the third world when you stop hanging about with disreputable sorts like Tony Blair.