1/26/2008

Work Is A Four Letter Word



Hello,
I'm still having a few bastard health health problems this week. Nothing serious but sufficient to cause me a fair bit of inconvenience and get me into trouble at work for being quiet. I'm of the head down-grit your teeth and get through it mindset whereas my boss would prefer me to deal with it by being helpless so that she can offer me wise advice and feel important and compassionate. She like many folk in the voluntary sector like their victims grateful, helpless and robbed of all self-respect and self -reliance. All the better to feel superior to someone.

I should point out that I got into trouble three times for laughing and once for talking the previous week. This week I have also been in trouble for taking a lunch break at the usual time because it's good manners to ask if you can go first, yawning at a meeting, taking prescribed medication as per the recommended dose ("excessive"), having more than one stapler at my desk and causing animosity by taking a lunch break at all. I am however pleased to announce that boss wasn't in today so I didn't get into trouble even once, though I have been driving her stunt double mental by working to rule and not doing anything without asking first.

My boss will get sick of it before I do. I'm having one of my periodic bouts of what I believe is termed 'depersonalisation' so the whole thing is like water off a ducks back to me. They on the other hand go hysterical at the slightest thing.

Cheers




The

2 comments:

Casdok said...

I had to laugh!! :)

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Sigh. I laughed, but only in that horrified I recognise that attitude way. Feel better soon. If nothing else it'll drive your boss insane! Hugs BG x