11/07/2008

The Great Escape

Hello,
After weeks of worry I've finally been offered not one job but two. One is a permanent job and one is providing emergency cover on a casual basis. I'll be accepting both. Now that I've got all that tiresome job searching out the road I can get back to starting my business proper -with a small redundancy payment under my belt I'll finally have a bit of spare cash to help with promotion and the like.

I've got less than a month to go with my current employers and I cannot bloody wait to get out the door. Best of all the person taking over my refugee duties is competent, imaginative and clever, so my clients are being left in good hands. As for the rest of my duties they're being split up between the other staff. Call me vindictive but the idea of those neurotic fuckpigs struggling under yet more work makes me grin from ear to ear.

At present mass civil war has broken out in the office over the use of the word 'submit' in a staff notice. Whist my sympathies lie with the 'no submission' camp I must admit to finding this latest riot in bedlam funny rather than depressing. There was the most wonderful door slamming stooshie about it during the week which left one of the 'submitters' in tears. At present the hysterical 'submitter' is on some short notice annual leave. Normally I find this sort of thing irritating but being on the way out I've been laughing myself silly at the whole thing.

Cheerio

2 comments:

iLL Man said...

No Submission!

Sounds like a splinter group from the S&M wing of the UVF

Clairwil said...

It does doesn't it. I'd be all for some UVF style blazers. Maybe even a parade or two.