1/17/2007

I am a relic from another century.....

Hello,
I know watching Big Brother is asking for it really but for Christ's sake what is wrong with people? I'm not talking about the half wit contestants, their problems are fairly obvious. I'm sure you'll be aware of the race rumpus which Jade, Jo and that other fuckwit have managed to start. Whilst I'm glad people have complained about it- their behaviour is a national embarrassment and a damning indictment of state education. However can you imagine the reception they're going to get on their eviction? The hostility they'll face. I'd strongly advise them not to pop into an Indian restaurant anytime soon.

I do think it is highly irresponsible of the producers to allow their behaviour to continue unchallenged. These are people too stupid to check themselves. One only has to consider Jade's response to Shilpa's contemptuous observation that 'this is your [Jade's] claim to fame' and Jade's pitiful and nonsensical response 'no my claim to fame is meeting you'. Poor Jade genuinely thought she'd landed a blow on Shilpa. She's going to walk out that house thinking she's the pointless celeb she always was and instead find that she's a social leper.

I don't care how much they're being paid, Jade and co are going to get much more than they deserve for their conduct. They're doing what passes for a job in the media. The least their bosses could do is give them a warning.

I'm no prude I love a drink, smoke and a good old swear but for God's sake read a book, cross your legs and stop being so boorish girls.

Cheers

6 comments:

Larry Teabag said...

I know. Much as it pains me to say this about Big Brother, it's fucking superb. These people are going to have the shock of their lives. There have been mass protests in India, and questions in parliament. They're popularity in the country is running somewhere below Osama Bin Laden and George Bush put together - and they don't even know yet.

iLL Man said...

The thing that annoys me is that I'd quite liked to have turned on every so often to see what Jermaine and Dirk were up to, I'd liked to have seen Shilpa under less strenuous circumstances and Ken Russell and Leo Sayer looked like they'd be top notch entertainment. Instead they go and fuck it all up by bringing in that ox faced retard and her genetic dead end of a family. I can watch that sort of thing on a million and one other reality shows. Of course I forget. I'm couching this in terms of enlightened viewing and I really ought to know better.....

iLL Man said...

"that ox faced retard and her genetic dead end of a family."

Very poor form I'm afraid. Not really what I wanted to get across..........

Cheers!

Clairwil said...

I must be getting soft in my old age, but deplorable as their behaviour is I do feel sorry for them.

iLL Man said...

Don't know if I feel sorry for them, but I certainly feel bored by it all now. Anyway, if Holy Moly are to be believed Courtney Love should be in the house by tomorrow night.

One question about PP. Did you get the impression that certain people were throwing this up as a class issue, that somehow 'The Jade Gang' were unable to act like normal human beings because they were working class and couldn't help it etc.... Like it was some sort of disability.....

I stand to be corrected of course.

The Dog of Freetown said...

Girls are boors.